Date: Wednesday, May 18 (Main Conference Day 2)
Start Time: 2:05 pm
End Time: 3:10 pm
In this presentation, we introduce key image quality metrics. We discuss how they impact the performance of geometric and CNN-based methods. We provide key performance indicators (KPIs) and real-world examples to answer the following questions:
* Exposure : How does improper exposure impact your computer vision algorithms?
* Dynamic range: What is the difference between dynamic range and exposure? What’s the difference between HDR vs. WDR?
* Motion Blur: When does my camera hardware create motion artifacts?
* Resolution and Texture: How do the four types of resolution differ and degrade performance?
* Color and Shading: When does color influence computer vision performance?
* Noise: What are the different types of noise in my system and how do they impact performance?
* Image Artifacts: How do stray light, blemishes and fringing lead to edge cases?